It’s a good day for author J.C. Hutchins. You? You get a pretty sweet free download, if you want it. J.C. becomes an “officially” published author. A good day!
Today, St. Martin’s Press releases the first book in J.C.’s new technothriller trilogy, 7th Son: Descent.
Today, J.C is celebrating by offering a free download of the first TEN chapters of his book. You want it? Scroll down to the cover image and click away.
Doing things differently
So here’s what J.C. did:
- He wrote a book.
- He was unable to sell his book to a literary agent or publishing house.
- He shifted gears.
- He produced and published his books as free, online audio books. People listened. They liked. They loved.
- He worked his tail off for four years, and built his community, slowly and surely, using the power of free podcasts, free downloads, word of mouth, events in the virtual world Second Life, blogs, and oh, lots more.
- His books attracted a nifty international fanbase. (Who then created a pretty nifty online fan community.)
- He eventually attracted the attention of a major publishing house, which is now pleased to release the first book in the trilogy.
What’s it about? Here’s a snippet from J.C.’s website:
The president of the United States is dead. He was murdered in the morning sunlight by a four-year-old boy…
As America reels from the bizarre presidential assassination committed by a child, seven men are abducted from their normal lives and delivered to a secret government facility. Each man has his own career, his own specialty. All are identical in appearance. The seven strangers were not born, but grown — unwitting human clones — as part of a project called 7th Son.
The government now wants something from these “John Michael Smiths.” They share the flesh as well as the implanted memories of the psychopath responsible for the president’s murder. The killer has bigger plans, and only these seven have the unique qualifications to track and stop him. But when their progenitor makes the battle personal, it becomes clear John Alpha may know the seven better than they know themselves…