I love this creative use of Facebook by an Ikea store in Sweden.
- It’s easy for people to use and understand
- It uses features on Facebook that people already use and trust
- It offers something of real value to users (free furniture!)
- The game activity (win free Ikea stuff!) is directly tied to one of the goals of the organization (get people stoked about Ikea stuff!)
- It allows people to easily share the game with others, and gives them a compelling reason to do so
- It allows fans and potential customers for a real business to self-identify, and gives the business a way to contact them with future promotions
- It’s fun
As an old professor of mine used to say, very simple, very easy.